Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Daffodil Peak Time

I think this is the official declaration of Daffodil peak. Note the "think"

Most of them are out, except my miniatures and the whites. I sprinkle mine all over the place, where-ever I can fit them in - a bit of the "woodland" type. Can I mention in passing I am not a fan of massed plantings of King Alfred in conjunction with other display stuff - I am more the natural type).

So here is a shot of part of the front garden:

Aug05b

and I tried to get a good shot of my ancient double daffodil, but either the camera or the operator needs improvement:

Double daffs

What else??

It is peak blossom time for the Manchurian Pear, the Crategus and Mulberry have major bud-swell. The tree-fern fronds are breaking out.

And one solitary crocus is clinging to life, despite being choked out:

Aug05c

2 Comments:

Blogger Shell said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous garden! I love bulbs but most of them are fairly difficult to grow here - I've grown jonquils and ranunculas before, and thought they were pretty they weren't really flourishing.

I'm with you, I really like a natural looking garden too - one that rambles and where there are things to discover. Too much order can be a little dull don't you think?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I LOVE spring bulbs!! Ah! I can get my fix again! Thanks!

and thanks for visiting my blog.

4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home