Thursday, October 23, 2008

Perennial Onions, and Tulips

I've been collecting perennial onions for a while. I have Tree Onions (not strictly perennial, but fun), Potato Onions, definitely not perennial, but still fun, and Dutch Onions. These are perennial and semi-useless, but I still grow them.

So I was glad to pick this one up:

Onions1 Onions2

I've googled it a bit, it seems to be a Scallion - which I haven't grown before. So I am looking forward to it.

While I am at it - I am enjoying my Tulips:

Tulips

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tulips are divine Linda, stunning colour.

Blessings:)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Ozjane said...

Purchased some of those onions in the supermarket as salad onions.
I did use them almost as a red onion.
You are doing well to still have tulips. In Melbourne they have been over and leaves died down for about a month, maybe more.

Re your straw comment. Have you ever used sugar cane. You might find it too expensive but I have used it for a couple of seasons now and was digging some out tonight to cover a tub for planting tomatoes and basil and it was packed firmer than I realized.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home