Sunday, October 23, 2005

Speaking of Birds

Speaking of Birds - I walked out yesterday morning to find Blackbirds had decided to build a nest on the Meter Box.

Nest

It wasn't finished, and had no eggs in it - so it went. If they can find it in the nearby shrubbery, that is fine - even though they eat my lettuces.

But we often have to reset the switches (if we put any three of the jug, toaster, microwave and heater on at the same time), so months without being able to open the meter box doesn't seem to me to be the way to go.

Let alone what the meter reader would do when it was time too send us a bill.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I'm curious chloe..WHAT is a blackbird?
I've checked my Slater's "Field guide to Aust Birds" and realised we don't get them up here behind the banana curtain.They belong to the thrush family I see;what else??
Oh I like your Kings.Do they visit regularly?

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exactly what happened to our switches when I plugged in my birko - I am now looking for an old pot so that I can do my onion skin dyeing on the stove, more heat control too!!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Oh Oh - here I go - have to go chase them with a camera. Not a popular bird, middle size, dirty black with a yellow beak. Doubt if I will be able to get close to them - although they do like the birdbath.

Back one day soon with a pic.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home