Saturday, June 07, 2008

Free mulch

Mulch

It is so long since I have been here. Life has been busier than I would like.

But I am back.

With a whole lot of free mulch that someone in town kindly delivered to my nature strip. Mixed with horse manure.

I will let it stand for a month before I use it.

Then I have to decide if it is mulch, or if I will mow it to a smaller size and dig it into the veggie garden.

Should I mow it now? In case there are worms in there when I want to mow it? I couldn't bear that.

Eight

It has been a good year for pumpkins - I ended up with 28.

2 Comments:

Blogger Calidore said...

Nice to see you back again. It won't matter if you do mow the mulch. Even if the worms get chopped up there should still be worm eggs in there which will hatch. Love the pumpkins - you did do well.

8:43 AM  
Blogger MrsG said...

Ooh just found your blog and had to stop and comment when I realised that you were talking about my local garden centre!! Great place isnt' it, always something to see in there.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home