Wednesday, April 20, 2005

First Jonquil

Haven't had a lot of time in the garden recently - but I do have to report the first Jonquil flower (and only one "flower", not the whole head) was sighted two days ago.

I feel a bit like Japan, where the whole country tracks the first Cherry Blossom.

So, what is the next marker? For me, it would have to be the first daffodil.

Half the autumn trees are still very green, and half of them the leaves are all on the ground (as mulch, on the Liquidambar bed), and the third half are just nicely transitional. The best is yet to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I know you were just waiting for someone to comment on your new mathematical equation - three halves.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

*grin*

I was - but that was still verrrrry quick!

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home