Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good Books

Book2

Chookie has been writing about her favourite book, which is Joy Larkom's Creative Vegetable Gardening: Growing vegetables with flowers in the classic tradition. I am fortunate to have a copy. It is a wonderful post by Chookie - do drop over. She explains it so well - I have to admit I don't write detailed blog posts - I am more likely to throw up a picture with a long caption.

The other one I have is:

Book3-1

This is Diana Anthony's The Ornamental Vegetable Garden. This is a book by a New Zealand author and a New Zealand photographer, so the conditions are very similar to our own Australian climate - well, where I am, anyway.

I have to admit I spend a lot of time just dreaming over the photographs in both.

For those looking for them:

Joy Larkom's Creative Vegetable Gardening: Growing vegetables with flowers in the classic tradition was published 1997 (my copy), by Mitchell Beazley, an imprint of Reed International. ISBN 1 85732 805 1

Diana Anthony's The Ornamental Vegetable Garden was first published in Australia in 1997 by University of New South Wales Press, ISBN 0 86840 568 X

I have some herb books I love, must dig them out. Anyone got any others??? I am sure there is another ornamental veggies book somewhere on my shelves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chookie said...

Glad you enjoyed my post! I will look out for the other book.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

I'm going to check my library for these books. I love growing veggies and flowers together and it is so beneficial.
Another good book on the topic is "Great Garden Companions" by Sally Jean Cunningham.

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home