Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Galtonias are Here

2009-01-03d

The Galtonias are here - so I am off to add them to Garden Blogger's Bloom Day - just a little bit late.

I love my Galtonias, and they are so easy to grow. Hopefully I will have seeds available this year for anyone in Australia who would like some (as long as you know I can send seeds to you from Victoria).

Late Note: Since a few people obviously haven't met these before, I went outside and measured them. The tallest is 1.25 metres high. These are the giants of the snowdrop world. They are growing in full sun in my Kitchen Garden.

4 Comments:

Blogger F Cameron said...

Those are beautiful! Right now, I wish I could visit the warm weather (I know it's actually too hot) there.

Cameron

1:08 AM  
Blogger Carol Michel said...

They are beautiful. I hope I have some next month for bloom day!

Thanks for joining in,
Carol May Dreams Gardens

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful plant and so strangely exotic looking (to me at least). I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it. Pretty!

3:04 AM  
Blogger Helen/patientgardener said...

Oh I do like those Galtonias. I tried to grow some from seed but failed I think it was too wet and cold that summer. I like the way they contrast with the purple stake

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home