Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Another Bird Net Structure


This is for Kyrstie, who commented on another post about the netting. I like this even more - Do two ridges, each along one side of the bed, and hang netting from one side to the other.

Anchor down with half bricks. If you don't have half-bricks, consider a packet of cheap tent pegs.

The tomatoes are going under this, which will do until the semi-permanent cage is built for them.

Stand by - Beloved (who has a few engineering genes) is still talking 2 x 4 treated pine. I am talking plastic stakes and string. I like plastic stakes and string.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is great Linda! The birds do so much damage to my seedlings that netting of some sort is a must. We use old roof tiles to anchor netting rather than bricks as they were in the back yard when we moved here. What have you tied your posts together with? I can imagine mine toppling over which is why Mr Fresh needs to get involved!! I am waiting for him to build me an enclosure around my raised beds...he has promised it for this years productive months so fingers crossed.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Merryn@merrynsmenu said...

A great netting idea. Everything seems to need protection these days. I love how it is draped to provide protection but can be walked under for weeding, maintenance and picking when needed!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such a good and easy idea. :-) If my garden isn't being ravaged by goats, it's chooks, parrots, mice, and cutworms. :-) I'll keep trying though! :-)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home