Saturday, September 10, 2005

Daffodils in my Garden

Daffodils3

These are the daffodils currently in my garden. The early ones, like King Alfred, are totally finished. That one at top right isn't a King Alfred - I think it is St Patrick's Day, sort of almost greenish, although that doesn't show in the picture.

But I am quite proud of my two pure whites.

Although my favourite is that little one at bottom left. It grows like a weed in my garden, and reminds me of a drift of Fairies.

And the one at bottom right, with an apricot trumpet, is one a Dear Friend gave me. Isn't it wonderful how we associate plants with the people who gave them to us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

I don't think I've seen all-white Daffodils before - they are beautiful. Also love your favourite little one. Whilst the spring flowering bulbs are so pretty in themselves, I think it's the reminder that Spring is here that makes us appreciate them all the more.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home