Friday, November 04, 2005

Spotto!!!!!!

Spotto!!!!!

I spy another Australian gardener blogging.

Pop over and say Hello to Stuart - this is the first bloke I have found in a garden. There must be heaps more out there.

His current question - what are the ten tools you could not live without (in your garden???).

Okay - in order:

1. Secateurs (my good Felcos. Second pair. I composted the first)

2. Garden fork (a good, forged not cast steel one, with sharp points)

3. Is a barrow a tool??? (I have three)

4. Spade

5. Three prong scarifier

6. Hoe

7. Prunning saw

8. Adze (yep, I do actually have one, I use it more like a mallet)

9. The long handled shovel (DH gave it to me one Christmas, gift-wrapped, and said "Guess What"? He is a gardener too.)

10. The pick (also given at the same time, gift-wrapped)

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuart said...

Thanks Chloe for the link. Yes, I'm feeling a little lonely as I notice all these women gardeners blogging but haven't come across another bloke yet.
I'm tempted to set up a survey for the 10 most important gardening tools as many people, even friends who didn't leave a comment, have been discussing the topic.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Barbee' said...

Hello, I came across your blog when I Googled Mary Queen of Scots roses. Your blog is delightful. Do you know about Blotanical.com? You and your friend Stuart might enjoy it. I did a post on my blog about it, because I have enjoyed it so much. My post:CLICK HERE
Blotanical: CLICK HERE

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home