Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tree Onions

Tree onions

The Tree Onions are just coming to maturity. I love these, and have carried them around for years. The onions themselves are not much chop, sort of small and finicky, but I plant these bulblets and use the young ones as spring onions.

Kids love them, and they get results with them every time.

I follow the advice I was given by an old gardener. Sort of. You are supposed to plant the offsets one year, and the mature onions the next year, to keep them vigourous. I just plant a bit of each each years.

2 Comments:

Blogger MrBrownThumb said...

How cool. I've never seen these onions before.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow....I have never seen one like this before....It is amazing...wish I can plant it in my garden

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home