Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Old Photos

I've had a nice day in the kitchen garden, dealing with the outsize weeds, and trying to clean the beds up for winter. And did plant a row of Garlic.

And the big news is that the Smoke Bush is starting to change colour - just up on the tips, but it is happening.

However I have been going through some old photos, looking for other stuff, and found these photos:

Dainty Maid

This is Dainty Maid, a rose that I was given a cutting for in 1896, and told it was Princess Elizabeth. I could never find it under that, but finally found it. Very hardy, and masses of pink blooms.

And, speaking of pink - here is a photo of a local church I mentioned - I didn't see Belladonnas there this year when I went looking for them either (and have given up on the main lot of mine).

Church

I won't be back in the garden for a few days, but I sure am looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

The little country Church brings back so many memories. Beautiful rose, too, especially for one so very old!!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

If you mean the church, I think about 1990 or 1991. Less likely in 1989 - got to be one of those three.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home