Friday, November 04, 2005

Is Gardening in your Genes????

I often wonder if Gardening is something you inherit. My mother enjoys plants, but isn't someone who lives for the garden. My father did. His obituary in the paper when he died was "Local Gardener dies". So I grew up saving seed, and all that sort of stuff. I still have my first hoe (but with a longer handle now). It is actually the tallest bit in the bucket in the photo below. Great for reaching into the veggie garden.

So, what has made me think of that????

It is time to come clean. Googs and I are related. Somewhere, a long way back, we have the same slightly unusual surname in our family tree. Just we need to find the exact link.

And today, when I went over to her blog, she has the same Garden Chair as me. This is mine:

Chair

Have a look at hers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

maybe they were family heirlooms, there could be a whole set of chairs out there belonging to long lost gardening relatives LOL

5:52 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

My mother loved plants but didn't have time to garden until late in life, however her mother was passionate about it and would try growing anything. My three sisters all enjoy gardening in varying degrees and all have quite different gardens. Two of my brothers had vegetable gardens as teenagers and were terrific gardeners. They sold the vegies to Mum for half market price and sometimes if there was an excess they were sold to a local shop. Dad liked the garden to look good but, like a lot of farmers, he had no time for 'farming' on such a small scale.

4:56 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Chloe, thanks for leaving your comment on "Leaves of Grass". I always appreciate it!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Stuart said...

You could be right Chloe. My mum loves to garden and does really well at it. The thing that probably got me started was when Mum allowed me to create my own little vegie patch at the side of the shed. My first crop of radishes were .... well, good for a beginner.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home