Saturday, November 12, 2005

First Zucchinis

First Zucchinis picked today. Small, but nice for a salad.

And almost all my tomatoes staked. All except the fifteen I don't have stakes for. Surely I couldn't have that many more in than last year. Well, twelve more, maybe, as three stakes have made a tripod for the second lot of cucumbers.

No-one would steal tomato stakes, would they. I must have more tomatoes.

Pictures???? No point in what I now believe is Rambling Rector - the rain has ruined that, and the rest of the roses for the minute.

How about this??? It is in the Lily family, and must find its name again - something obscure, from South America, from memory.

UnkLily

5 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Chloe, if you had all your plant labels in a book - like Calidore does, and I don't - you might be able to identify those beautiful flowers. I don't know what they are but I may have a go at finding out. They really are very striking.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Stuart said...

Sonia from Brazil might be able to help with the identification of your lillies.

I share your desire for growing tomatoes though. While my vegetable patch is non-existant at the moment, I do plan to have quite a few varieties flourish especially my favourite Roma's.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Whatever they are, they are fascinating and exotic to these eyes.

I love to see what is different in our gardens (I'm stateside, in Michigan)

3:53 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hi Everyone,

I should explain that I do have the name somewhere - just I cannot find it. Written in pencil on a white tag - not common enough for the commercial label printers to produce a label for it.

And that label is broken in two - wouldn't go too well in a book.

But I do have it.

Somewhere

8:13 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

It is now identified - Albuca canadensis, common name Sentry in the Box, from South Africa

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home