Sunday, November 06, 2005

More Twisted/Tortured Wasonias

TwistedWats

I spotted these the other day – a huge clump of them in a driveway. Alice was asking if they are supposed to be that way – they are, but only come in the one colour, the candy pink. I think there are three main Watsonia colours – the candy pink, the salmon pink and the white. I must get myself some of the white, I have the other two.

I don't think these look as good en masse - I like them in just small clumps in a garden, where you can really see the twisting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stuart said...

Got to agree with you Chloe - the picture of your own was far more inspiring than seeing them just clumped en masse. My wife's a big fan of Watsonia's. She's prepared for me to go to jail just to dig some up that grow wild alongside the roads here.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What is the proper name for these tisted Watsonias? - or are they diseased to be deformed like that?
Watsonias should be upright and erect ?

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home