Monday, May 02, 2005

White Ginger

I haven't had a minute to bless myself with - and there, as I walked around the corner, was something I hadn't realised was coming. Gardens are like that.

For only the second time in I don't know how long, there is a flower on my white ginger (Hedychium). Usually the frost beats me on that. And it smells like a Gardenia.

Hellie, I am gardening all day tomorrow if you haven't seen it in flower ....

And I have photos to post of autumn leaves - but they are going to have to wait a couple of days. Drat!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

One of my favourites is the Ginger lily.....mine are planted at the front of the house(facing west) so that when they are in bloom,the perfume wafts in through the open windows.Another in a similar situation is the Brunsfelsia solanacea(yesterday,today,tomorrow) in its shades of purple,and the white Jasmine(rhyncospernum?) creeper
If you visit Qld,you MUST visit Yandina's Ginger Factory where the ginger blooms of many species are A1!!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home