Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Is this Rambling Rector????

Okey Dokey, you growers out there of Rambling Rector. Is this it????

PossRambRector

I do know what the one below is - it is the 14th Century Apothecary's Rose, used for making rosewater, attar of roses and all similar concoctions. Including the rosewater for the Taj Mahal. Its scent is pure bliss, but it only flowers once.

Apothecary's Rose

I have it growing everywhere through a garden bed, as mine is a struck cutting. So, wherever I dig and cut roots, the cut off section comes up as a new plants.

And it is beetle season. Those pesky little brown and black beetles that dig into the rose flowers, especially the lighter colours. And cluster all over white sheets on the clothes line.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stuart said...

Certainly fits the bill. The buds start of yellow and then they lighten to white with a yellow centre. It's hard to make that out in your photo but I'm guessing that's the case.

5:50 PM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Chloe! Thank you for your visit and comment! I always appreciate it!

What interesting that you see always flocks of Ibises in the paddocks! I would like to see yours Ibises's photos, someday. I would like to see your yard, too!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Calidore said...

After having done some fast work with the mouse and comparing your photo with mine, I would say it is Rambling Rector. It should be a very rampant rose and lots of thorns. Enjoy it, the scent is divine. Ohh and I love the Apothecary's Rose you have. Must get around to sending you some post bags for whatever you may care to share.....lol.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home