Saturday, November 19, 2005

Whatever happened to Mary Queen of Scots

I have been out looking at the roses growing along my fenceline. There is no fence, and I just mow them to keep them in place.

The Chestnut Rose is there, flowering its little heart out:

Chestnut Rose

This is a spiny little bush, with an odd, three-part hairy/furry bud.

And Mary Queen of Scots was supposed to be beside her. But she is not there. Surely I wouldn't have totally mown her to death would I? In mistake for a bit more of the out-of-control Jamieson rose.

Toyota!

That cutting came from a wonderful old historic church in another state. And I loved her dearly.

Here, although it is no compensation, is another view do the Apothecary's Rose:

Apothecary's Rose2

I must move some of this to the fenceline, too. It is currently only in a bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Oh poor Mary Queen of Scots - fancy being beheaded twice. You would think that once was enough.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Stuart said...

Great comment Alice. How sad to lose a rose!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Phew!!!!!

She's tough. She's coming up again from underground!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

Which one???

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home